TEEING OFF AN INAUGURAL GOLF SEASON WITH A COMPLETE MARKETING PACKAGE
How we helped The Oxford Hills Reinvent golf in Oxford County.
What the client needed…
The Oxford Hills ownership acquired the beleaguered Mount Elgin Golf Club in 2020. Their intention was to reinvent the golf course while creating a brand new entertainment and dining experience for the residents of Oxford County and beyond. What they needed was a fresh brand identity and the means to digitally connect with today’s golfer.
What we did…
We brought the vision for the property to life over the course of several initiatives:
- Naming Contest – A social-media-driven contest helped to build an original email list and social following, as well as community interest in the property. And it gave birth to the course’s new name!
- Branding – We guided The Oxford Hills through a series of brand development exercises that resulted in a striking new logo and brand presence.
- Website Development – Before the first golfer took the tee we helped The Oxford Hills create a website with ecommerce capabilities. In its first year the site delivered over $100,000 in revenue.
- Marketing Strategy Development & Implementation – Our marketing strategy was tailored to the individual needs of The Oxford Hills. To date, it has helped them build awareness in southwestern Ontario (and beyond), drive sales, and build an email and social media following that can be leveraged for future campaigns.
How it turned out…
- Over $100,000 in web store sales in the first year
- Email list of over 2,000 names and growing
- A loyal, engaged, and growing social media following in the thousands
- A professional, unique brand identity that stands out from the competition